Touring after Brexit - to Germany/to the UK
Learn about the new post-Brexit rules regarding the mobility of artists and culture professionals from the UK to Germany and from Germany to the UK. Both short-term temporary stays in the Schengen area (maximum 90 days in any 180-day period) and long-term mobility will be discussed. The workshop will be conducted in English and will be led by Sebastian Hoffmann from the German mobility information point 'touring artists' (www.touring-artists.info).
- New rules for touring in the UK for EU citizens: overview on the visa-free routes for paid engagements
- New rules for touring in Germany for British citizens: rules for visa-free short stays in the Schengen area and national work regulations in Germany
- Rules for British citizens living in Germany
- Brief overview on new carnet and cabotage rules
- Brief overview on social security and taxation rules
Musicians, managers, booking agents, promoters and organizers
After the workshop, you will have a general overview of what has changed since the UK’s exit of the EU and how artists can prepare for work in Germany/the UK from now on.