Emerging artist career planning
Getting organised in your musical career can feel too hard, scary, or too complicated – but it’s actually one of the most important things an artist can do. Creating a 12 or 18 month plan takes all the pressure of achievement and progress out of your head - and puts it into a plan. It means that you can focus on doing all the creative things you have put into your plan, and not stress about how, when and why you’re doing it. This workshop will help you create that plan.
- Why is a career plan important and useful? And why is it useful for other people you meet in the industry?
- How do you choose what your ambitions are, looking forward? How do you choose what not to do?
- Using SMART planning to create targets that are achievable – and that make measurable progress happen.
- Attendees will see examples of career plans, and will create and “sense check” their own career plan in the session.
- Attendees will be able to decide what kind of career plan is useful for them
- Attendees will be able to comprehend the SMART planning tools that they need to plan successfully
- Attendees will create an initial 12-18 month career plan, with objectives, measurable targets, and deadlines
Songwriters, musicians, and performers who want to plan out the next 12-18 months of their career in actionable detail.