Emerging artist campaign planning workshop
All artists want "success” – but what that success looks like is very different for ever artist. For most, it’s growth of some sort: more followers, more listeners, more live bookings. That growth doesn’t happen by accident – it comes because of focused hard work around some sort of campaign plan. But every campaign is different – this session will help you decide what (measurable) success is for you, and how to build an organised campaign to get there.
Attendees will need to bring along a simple plan for what they would like to achieve in their career in the next 12 months – and have some ideas of how to make these achievements a reality.
Songwriters, musicians, and performers who want to plan out their next career steps in actionable detail.
- Attendees will be able to decide the marketing/career campaign plan that is useful for them
- Attendees will identify what marketing approaches will work for them and which to ignore for now
- Attendees will use SMART planning tools to set actionable campaign targets
- Planning a campaign means knowing who your targets are so that you can plan to connect with them – so who are you campaigning to? Is it the public, or is it useful people within the music industry – or both?
- Once you know your targets, you can decide the most effective forms of marketing and communication – as well as choosing the platforms to use, which messages to communicate, and what songs/imagery should be used – and how.
- Attendees will do primary research on real-world artists in the session, and will feedback on other attendees' campaign plans.