WORKSHOP -The Road to Publishing // A Songwriter's Perspective
This workshop will give you an intense and very helpful overview from a professional songwriter's perspective on how to be prepared to and actually get your first publishing deal.
How does this area of the music industry work in general? What do I need to know, how can I be best prepared to take my first successful steps towards my first publishing deal?
This workshop is for everyone, who is writing music and wants to turn this into a profession, a real pro will guide you along the way.
>>>Publishing and its Parts
- Short intro on Performing rights societies and their operations.
- What is Publishing its purpose and practicalities, how is it different to a label?
- Library Music, how does it work how can it serve as an asset to your skill set in acquiring a
- publishing deal?
- Working to briefs, separation between artist and commercial viability / simplicity.
- Defining your skill set / what assets do you need to become appealing to a publisher?
- As singer / writer / producer and in business.
- Once you define your role how can you monetise and what should you be charging for your services,
- covering buyouts, toplining, production, researching the artists you work with. Working with splits and percentages, what is your worth/how can you assert.
>>>As a Creative and a Digital Artist
- Building an online presence , EPK , your broadened ability.
- Your daily workflow & best practices - lucid living.
- Critical understanding & listening/ feedback.
- Developing your contact bases and partners.
- Expanding the net.
- Nothing is wasted - ever.
>>>Writing to Brief
>>>Q and A