ENGLISH WORKSHOP - How to succeed as a DJ in the electronic music scene
Many young DJs dream of playing in clubs, living from their DJ gigs and traveling not only through Germany but also around the world. After a few years of unsuccessfulness, however, there is a certain disillusionment among many DJs. The bookings do not come in, in the social media hardly anyone shares their mixes or releases. In this workshop, we will discuss the causes and explain all the Do’s & Don’ts as well as established success strategies, that will help you to get into the clubs.
- DJ self-awareness: What do I want to achieve? Passion vs. professional DJ career
- Briefly: Structure and culture of house / techno scene economy
- What promoters want
- Structure of line-ups
- Typical errors that you should avoid / Myth busting
- Presentation of 4 established success strategies
- Market value & fee politics
- Matthäus Principle & The Turn: Suddenly you are popular, other promoters contact you
- Booking Agencies & Artist Managment: When do they do, when are they useful?