And VAT (value-added-tax)?

  • Posted on: 27 January 2020
  • By: Eileen Möller

If your projected turnover/revenue is below 22000 Euro per year (proportionally less if you start your activities later in the year), you can classify yourself as a “Kleinunternehmer” and write invoices without VAT. If you are in the VAT system, you have to add either the regular VAT rate of 19 % or the reduced rate of 7 % to your invoices. The reduced rate applies to most performance fees and license fee payments. If you add VAT, you also have the privilege to claim back VAT paid on business expenses. General information can be found on the touring artists website.
Questions? Sign up for a free orientation consultation!