On tour abroad •• what do I need to consider?

Dienstag, 15 January, 2019 - 14:00 bis 18:00
Warschauer Str. 70a, 10243 Berlin

Why does the promoter in France want a A1 form? Do I need a work permit for my gig in London? Where can I apply for funding for my festival performance in China? How do I bring my merch to Switzerland? And what is withholding taxation? The workshop serves as an introduction to the basic concepts revolving around visa and residence, transport and customs, taxation, funding, and social insurance in an international context. The workshop's content is based on the mobility information portal touring artists (www.touring-artists.info). The workshop is geared towards both musicians and bands as well as agents, tour managers and promoters who work abroad or with artists from abroad.

touring artists is a joint project of the Internationale Gesellschaft der Bildenden Künste (IGBK) and the International Theatre Institute in Germany (ITI), initiated and supported by the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM). The touring artists help desk service is a cooperation of ITI Germany and IGBK with SMartDe – Netzwerk für Kreative e.V..