WORKSHOP -The Road to Publishing // A Songwriter's Perspective
This workshop will give you an intense and very helpful overview from a professional songwriter's perspective on how to be prepared to and actually get your first publishing deal.
How does this area of the music industry work in general? What do I need to know, how can I be best prepared to take my first successful steps towards my first publishing deal?
This workshop is for everyone, who is writing music and wants to turn this into a profession, a real pro will guide you along the way.
● Short intro on Performing rights societies and their operations.
● What is Publishing its purpose and practicalities, how is it different from a label?
● Library Music, how does it work, how can it serve as an asset to your skill set in acquiring a publishing deal?
● Working to briefs, separation between artist and commercial viability / simplicity.
● Defining your skill set / what assets do you need to become appealing to a publisher?
● As singer / writer / producer and in business.
● Covering buyouts, toplining, production, researching the artists you work with.
● Working with splits and percentages, what is your worth/how can you assert
● Developing your contact bases and partners.