An A & R’s Perspective - Working with a Label and Publisher
This workshops intention to give attendees an incite into what you should consider when you have with the opportunity to work with a label and publisher as an artist or writer.
Whether you are an artist, songwriter or vocalist, record labels need to recognise all your talents for consideration, have you considered all the options when faced with a creative career as an artist, songwriter or singer.
How best should you be presenting yourself as a prospect to a record label and beyond that experience - when is the right time to approach a label and what kind of outcomes should you expect. This workshop will help you better understand your expectations in an industry that often leaves us wondering are we doing our best to recognise and seize all of its opportunities.
- The do’s and don'ts of song submission to labels & publishers
- The art of “toplining” - what does this practice and opportunity create.
- Networking through Co - Writing.
- Presentations of songs to labels - What should we be aiming for when submitting song demos ?
- Socials - Are you doing your best to present yourself as an artist to a label / publisher online.
- Rejection how do we move on from this ?
- Feedback from labels and publishers, are we speaking the same language ?
- Networking - don't close that door, it’s just the beginning aka don't burn that bridge, it ain't worth it.
A short discussion and feedback session on mindfulness and self care in the music industry and your daily best practices will be a part of the presentation, attendees are welcome to share prepared thoughts on this topic. What are we doing to take care of one another in this industry ?