Everything you need to know about Music Supervision
To earn money with music - the dream of many. But you don't always have to be on stage. Sarah Rimkus explains to you what a music supervisor does, which clients and projects she looks after and how you can earn money as a musician, songwriter or producer in the field of sync or work together on commissioned compositions.
This workshop will give you an overview of the work of a music supervisor based on some case studies.
So if you are a composer, producer, musician, songwriter, sound designer,...etc., please come and see us. Please bring your own experiences and examples to exchange.
- Intro - Sarah Rimkus (resume)
- What does a music supervisor do? -[ Audience Gasps ] Music production? Sync & Licensing? Cooperations?
Industries, potential clients (advertising agencies, film productions, directors, freelancers, creative directors...)
- How to start? How to network?
- Order placement / Acquisition
- Fees, negotiation, budgeting, offers
- Customer budget: which information from the customer do I need to write an offer
- The customer briefing
- The creative process - Musicresearch for Moods or Sync, Research Composer/Musician or Rights Clarification Publishing
- CASE STUDIES (The Tampon Book, Terre des Femmes, Buffalo Campaign, Friends Will Be Friends, documentary film)
- Paperwork (GEMA, GVL, notifications, ...)
- deepening of learning outcomes on the basis of some concrete case studies
- Part 1 - Mon, 06. July 2020 - 4pm-6pm
- Part 2 - Tues, 07. July 2020 - 4pm-6pm